Motorhome Hire T&Cs
Barlow Trailers Ltd Business & Hire Terms for Motorhomes
WE ARE BARLOW TRAILERS LTD, SOUTHPORT ROAD, ULNES WALTON, NR LEYLAND, LANCASHIRE PR26 8LP AND THESE TERMS SHALL APPLY TO THE HIRE OF ALL MOTORHOMES AND ALL OTHER SERVICES THAT ARE SUPPLIED TO YOU.
1.0 BOOKING PROCEDURE
All booking must be submitted online
unless agreed by Barlow Trailers Ltd. The booking remains a request only until
confirmation is received in writing and are subject to availability. Payment is
required in full at the point of booking and would be refunded in full should
Barlow Trailers Ltd be unable to fulfil the request.
NB: All payments must be made by Debit or Credit Card.
Due to insurance purposes we cannot accept cash payments.
2.0 AUTHORIZED DRIVERS
The hirer and any additional driver must be a minimum age of 25 years old and under 75 years of age. They must have held a full UK driving licence for a period of at least 3 years prior to the proposed date of commencement of hire. We are unable to hire to persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.
Drivers must not have any mental or physical infirmity, unless such a condition has been declared and accepted by the DVLA not had any insurance declined, cancelled, renewal refused or special terms imposed, have had no more than one driving accident in the last 3 years.
The price covers one named driver; additional drivers may be added at an additional charge of £10.00 per driver per day (subject to any endorsements)
Prior to the commencement of the hire the following documentation must be provided: -
- Full UK driving licence
- Utility Bill (dates within the last 60 days, same name as licence)Credit/ Debit card (Same name as licence)
- Valid DVLA Check Code
You shall during the continuance of this hire contract:
- Ensure that the vehicle is driven or otherwise operated and used in a safe and proper manner and for the purposes for which it was designed and without risk to health by persons.
- Inform and indemnify us against all fines, penalties and liabilities payable by us by virtue of your hire and/or use of the motorhome or arising in respect of any non-compliance or contravention of any transport, traffic or other law or regulations, together with any costs or expenses relating thereto incurred by such use of the motorhome.
- Not take or allow the motorhome to be taken out of England, Wales or Scotland.
- Collect from and return the motorhome to our address at Barlow Trailers Ltd, Denizes Farm, Ulnes Walton, Leyland, PR26 8LP.
- Not sell, assign, mortgage, lend, let on hire or otherwise dispose of or part with possession of the motorhome or part thereof not attempt or purport to do so.
- Not remove or interfere with any identification marks or plates affixed to the motorhome
- Take all necessary steps at your own expense to retain and recover possession and control of the motorhome of which you lose possession or control.
We shall insure and keep the motorhome insured under a fully comprehensive policy against loss or damage to its full replacement value (with an excess of £1500.00, for the period of your hire). Loss or damage of less than the maximum excess of £1500.00 is chargeable at the actual amount incurred unless the damage waiver option has been paid for, which is an additional chargeable option of £10.00 per day and must have been selected and paid for prior to collection of the vehicle. Only those persons named as drivers on rental agreement may drive the vehicle.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) - is not insurance, but an agreement to waive the costs of damage to your rental vehicle if it is involved in a collision. There are a number of parts of the Motorhome which are not covered by CDW, such as the tyres, wheels, underbody, and windscreen.
A £500 deposit will be held at collection for any damages to the vehicle. On return the vehicle will be assessed for damage, inventory check and cleanliness level, if the outcome is positive the deposit will be returned in full.
- Dogs are only allowed in the motorhome with prior agreement
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in any part of the motorhome
- The motorhome must be kept adequately secured at all times
- No furniture should be removed from the motorhome
- An inventory check will be undertake before and after hire, any missing or damaged items are chargeable.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to empty the toilet, a £50.00 additional charge will be chargeable if returned unemptied.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown with the vehicle, the motorhome is covered in full with either RAC emergency recovery service or Peugeot breakdown, the relevant contact numbers will be provided to the hirer at the point of collection.
6.0 COLLECTIONS AND RETURNS
Collections take place between 15.30 – 17.00 pm on the day of commencement of hire unless by prior agreement an alternative time is agreed.
The vehicle must be returned by 10am on the final day of hire unless otherwise by prior agreement in writing.
Any bookings submitted through the website, remain requests for availability and are not confirmed until confirmation is received in writing. Barlow Trailers Ltd will make every effort that the booked motorhome is available but in the event of unforeseen circumstances an alternative will be found or all monies paid returned.
- All hire cancellations must be in writing to Barlow Trailers Ltd, but please call immediately to inform us.
- All deposits paid are non-refundable. All monies due and received within 8 weeks of the commencement of hire are non-refundable and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid.
- If you cancel with more than 8 week’s notice, then the hire cost will be refunded less the deposit paid.
- No shows will forfeit the entire hire charge.
- Barlow Trailers Ltd reserves the right to cancel hire if at the commencement of hire the driver/s licenses are invalid or not according to the conditions set out. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
Cancellation Policy In Relation To Covid-19
In the case of Covid-19, we will continue to work with government guidelines, which will be reviewed on an on-going basis. However, if there is another lockdown a full refund will be given.
No contract shall exist between you and Barlow Trailers for the hire of the motorhome and other services until we have received and accepted the booking request in writing.
In the event of non use of the vehicle due to a problem that is agreed by ourselves to be caused by our negligence, any compensation that may be offered, is strictly limited to the amount of any unused hire fee.
We will only consider compensation if we are immediately informed of any problem and are given the chance to rectify and or explain ‘how to’
IF ANY OF OUR VEHICLES ARE INVOLVED IN AN RTA OR COLLISION
THE HIRER MUST INFORM A MEMBER OF STAFF STRAIGHT AWAY. We Require -Date, time, location and
any other involved vehicle details including Name, Contact Details, Insurer and also Photos or
a Video of the Damage.
WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR REPLACEMENT VEHICLE COSTS, TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION COSTS OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS CLAIMS ARISING FROM MOTORHOME BREAKDOWN, ACCIDENT OR ANY OTHER SUCH RELATED CAUSES.